Apr 12, Wed Noon - 1 - Chamber Luncheon
Apr 18, Tue

7 am - Chamber Board Mtg

Apr 19, Wed

8:35 am - KFTM Radio Show

3 pm - Design Mtg @ Chamber

4 pm - Historical Preservation Mtg @ Chamber

Apr 24, Mon 11:30 - Stakeholders Mtg @ City of Brush!
Apr 27, Thu

1:00 pm - Ambassadors Mtg @ Chamber

Apr 28, Fri Brush Clean-Up Day
May 1 - 6 Small Business Week
May 1-3 National Main Street Conference - Pittsburg PA
May 3-5 Vibrant Downtown Conference - Breckenridge, CO
May 8, Mon 8:00 am - KSIR Radio Show
May 10, Wed Noon - 1:00 - Chamber Luncheon
May 12 - 14 Family Campers and RVer's
May 16, Tue 7 am - Board Mtg
May 17, Wed

8:35 am - KFTM Radio Show

3 pm - Design Mtg @ Chamber

4 pm - Historical Preservation Mtg @ Chamber

May 22, Mon
11:30 - Stakeholders Mtg @ City of Brush!
May 29, Mon

Memorial Day!

Chamber Closed

Brush Chamber of Commerce
218 Clayton Street
Brush, CO 80723
(970) 842-2666
(800) 354-8659
(970) 842-3828 | Fax

Reagan Buchanan
Administrative Assistant
brush@brushchamber.org

Melody Christensen
Executive Director
brushchamberexecdir@gmail.com

Facebook logo

 

Historical Sites in Brush

Listed on the National and Colorado Register of Historic Places

Brush, Colorado, has several historic buildings scattered through it, a few of which are even in the National Register. Please feel free to take a look at what we have to offer the historical explorer.

(Return to Things to Do)

All Saints Lutheran Church
All Saints Lutheran Church

Listed in 1982

Dedicated in 1918, the church is a small scale replica of the 13th Century Gothic church of Denmark. Primary construction materials are wire cut brick and Del Norte Lava Stone, native to Colorado. Labor, equipment and materials were provided by Danish Luteran immigrants of the region.

The sanctuary, located on Eben Ezer's grounds at 122 Hospital Road, was designed to reflect the presence of the sacred with a sence of intimacy by use of art glass, stained glass, gothic arches, and limited seating.

The pipe organ, installed in 1920, is a Moller organ from Hagerstown, Maryland. Moller donated most of the cost of the organ which still provides music for worship services. The bell tower was added in 1952, resembling a previous seperate structure west of the church.

Central School
central school brush colorado

Listed November 5, 2001

The existing building was dedicated in April, 1929, on the site of the first high scool in Morgan County.

It is located in the 400 block of Clayton Street. The former school building was destroyed by a fire in December, 1927.

It had stood vacant since 1996 when elementary students began classes at the Beaver Valley Elementary School. Brush School District sold the building to Ash & White Construction who hope to restore the building.

Knearl School
Knearl School

Listed January 31, 1997

Knearl School was originally built as a grade school for students first through eight grades, and was used until 1971. The building, located in the VFW Memorial Park, was then donated to the City of Brush, who donates use of the property to the Brush Area Museum and Cultural Center.

The property was deemed eligible for the National Register because of its association with the history of elementary education in Brush.

Other (Unlisted) Historical Sites in Brush

Brush also has many buildings that have a history around them, but are not listed as historical sites. Unfortunately these still have yet to be added to registers, but they are still interesting places to visit.

Carnegie Library

Carnegie Library

East Morgan County Library

Built in 1915

Located at 500 Clayton Street

The Carroll Building

The Carroll Building

Community Center

Built in 1930

Located at 418 Edison Street

The Stockman Bank

The Stockman Bank

Ash & White Construction

Built in 1902

Located at 122 Clayton Street

Knearl Mercantile Store

Knearl Mercantile Store

Cattlemen's Inn

Built in 1902

Located at 101 Clayton Street

Emerson Theater

Emerson Theater

Sands Theatre

Built in 1916

Located at 211 Clayton Street

Rankin Presbyterian Church

Rankin Presbyterion Church

Built in 1906

Located at 420 Clayton Street

(Return to Things to Do)