Welcome New Members!
Joining the Brush Area Chamber of Commerce is a good business decision.The Chamber is looking forward to a great new year. The time is right; the opportunity is yours.
Resources in Place
- Ideas and recommendations for existing and new businesses available now.
- Excellent Website
- Store front design assistance by "Main Street" architect.
- Brochure to promote façade matching grant.
- Brochure to promote shopping in Brush.
- Streetscape plan developed by NOLTE with input and guidance from City, Chamber and local community.
- Historical survey of 51 buildings that are over 50 years old. (potential for grants from Historical Society).
- A local historical designation ordinance and review board. (properties must be designated historical site to receive most grants)
- Brush Area Chamber of Commerce foundation with 501(c)3 IRS status.
- "Main Street" project has Enterprise Zone designation (donation tax credits).
- Texting promotional plans for Chamber members
- Over 160 Chamber members.
- 12th Annual Ag Appreciation Banquet.
- 1st Annual Demolition Derby.
- 32nd Annual Oktoberfest, including Car Show, Dog Show and Polka Dance.
- Sold over $30,000 worth of Brush Bucks. (turn over 5-7 times before leaving community)
- $5,00 matching grants for façade improvements, 19 completed.
- Chamber partners with City to form a downtown improvements steering committee to spearhead the Streetscape project.
- Engineering plan was completed in 2009 - drainage solution, streetscape design and new streets are part of the project, first phase streetscape of 300 and 400 blocks of Edison were completed in 2010. 100 block of Clayton was completed in 2011. 200 and 300 blocks of Clayton were completed in 2012, 4th phase drainage to be completed in 2015.
- Tourism promotions: (250+) Family Campers & RV’ers, provide promotional literature to State Tourism Centers, host approximately 12 State Tourism Center volunteers in Brush yearly and points of interest in Northeastern Colorado Travel Guide.
- Business seminar.
- Brush area comprehensive business marketing study is available at Chamber office.
- Spirit of Brush Awards to promote business and residential improvements projects.
2015 Chamber "Main Street" Goals
- Retail Fair for Brush businesses including jobs available. Emphasize small business opportunties.
- "Where in Brush Can I Buy?/Shop Brush 1st"
- Update Market Study
- Support and partner in developing a sustainablility plan for Sands Theatre
- Niche community plan
- Partner in the development of a Brush way finding signage plan
- Support and help implement an advisability study for Central School
New members in 2014:
Blue'z Heating & Air Conditioning; Brush Hair Co; Brush Meat Processors; Computer Shack; Dragonfly Collectibles; Live Total Wellness; MMI International; Mr D's Ace Farm & Home Center; Northwestern Mutual; Rising Stallion Cell and Tech, LLC; Proactive Chiropractic; S.A.R.A., Inc; SG-Associates LLC; Sweet Peach Spa; The Roots Group.